Our commitment to the work we do is driven by a shared passion for taking worker wellbeing beyond compliance and into the heart of business strategies. At GBL, we follow a culture handbook that serves as a guide on how we approach internal worker wellbeing. Our organizational values strive to create and sustain a culture of care, communication, and collaboration. They are evidence of our commitment to a work environment that is productive, meaningful, and lively.
We live out our values and ensure worker wellbeing translates to internal operations at GBL.
- We have instituted one of our research projects, the Buddy System, within GBL as well; wherein new GBL team members are paired with a person who has been a part of the GBL team for longer and can help make the transition smoother by being their first office Buddy!
- Our organizational wellbeing budget offers curated events to enhance team members’ holistic health.
- The employee-specific budgets are tailored for each team member to support their own mental and physical health growth. They receive a well-being budget to help prioritize their holistic health, wherein they can claim reimbursement for therapy/yoga/home office set up, subscription for mindfulness apps. apps - anything they can reasonably argue improves their physical or mental health. Team members also receive individual training and development budgets to help grow their professional skills.
- Along with growth, restful nourishment is critical to productivity and wellbeing. We have devised various policies through which we empower team members to rest.
- We have instituted a one-day leave which empowers verticals to take a mandatory off on any one day every month. GBL also encourages team members to individually select two mandated one-week breaks every summer and winter.
- Parallelly, GBL believes in creating a work environment that prioritizes individual growth with full transparency and accountability. GBL uses a 360 review framework and has devised detailed employee growth paths. At every stage, our promotion and appraisal processes remain accountable to all team members by ensuring decisions are fair, equitable, and transparent across teams.
- We are a diverse team of people who care about creating a world where all workers in low-income contexts are treated fairly, and at the same time, ensure our team members lead a fulfilling life while driving this change. GBL actively engages in geography-specific affirmative action policies such as reservations for internships for marginalized communities across our offices in India.
You can find our hiring needs below. As our commitment to our vision of transforming labor conditions globally continues to expand, so does our team. Join us to take worker wellbeing beyond the scope of compliance and into the heart of business strategies. Don’t worry if you don’t “check” all the boxes, have had breaks in your career, or have followed a “non-linear” career path. We believe everyone brings something different to the team. Our diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and identities are what make GBL a thriving and innovative organization.
GBL is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to caste, race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. GBL is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org